- Please credit the Public Health Bugle and its authors for any re-posts -
Today, the Public Health Bugle would like to introduce our guest blogger, Amanda Kidd, who is a writer and an ardent follower of environment friendly existence. Being and eco enthusiast, she prefers to own only green lifestyle. Her entire house is quite eco friendly right from the exteriors to interiors and she plans to own an eco friendly car soon. Beside this she is also writing about health issues caused due to environmental pollution. Today, Amanda will share some tips on how to maintain proper blood pressure.
10 Tips for Constant maintenance of proper blood pressure
By: Amanda Kidd
In the era of cut-throat competition, each person is running with jet speed to achieve his set goals. This eagerness to gain momentum has resulted in arising various health related problems. High blood pressure is one of them. It has also been termed most dangerous disease for the human. Millions of people are dying each day due to abnormal increase in the blood pressure. Various researches conducted by many medical & health institutes have shown that if a person has blood pressure above 140/90 mmgh, he/ she may be termed as a hypertensive. People try to avoid treating the problem due to its being expensive. Elijah Saunders, M.D. ,and an expert in hypertension, is associated with the University of Maryland as a cardiologist; provides tips to control your blood pressure and protect your heart by applying simple and cost-effective methods in daily life. Here we provide the 10 tips highly effective in reducing the high blood pressure problem.
1. First and foremost thing is to control weight. Obese people have high chances of hypertension. You can control these by doing proper exercises like walking, running, yoga, jogging and skipping.
2. Mental health is as important as physical health. So, meditate daily for about 10-15 minutes to keep away the stress and anxiety.
3. Avoid junk foods while eating. They are very harmful for the body and helps in gaining weight.
4. Try to include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Always eat proper cooked and fresh homemade food.
5. Also, packaged food and fruit juices should be avoided. They contain preservatives and added flavors and colors which have adverse effects on the body.
6. It is advisable to take lesser amounts of sodium in your diet. Hence, intake of salt should be minimized as much as you can.
7. The other ways to improve the health of your heart is to stop smoking. Studies have found out that the chemicals present in cigarettes lead to the narrowing the blood vessels resulting in high blood pressure.
8. Drinking alcohol is also one of the causes behind high blood pressure. Studies show that the people who take more than three drinks a day are at higher risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. So, it is recommended to avoid drinking.